You create a protective area to cover up to 2,500 square feet of floor area (one 50-foot square, or one hundred 5-foot squares, or twenty-five 10-foot squares). The protective zone can be up to 20 feet high and can be shaped as you wish. As long as you can walk into each successive area when you cast the spell, you can divide the area to guard several floors of a fortress.
Guards and Wards 5e
Classes: Bard, Wizard
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Components: V, S, M
Duration: 24 hours
When casting the spell, you may specify a specific individual to make that individual immune to some or all of the spell’s effects. You can also specify a password that, when uttered aloud, makes the person who utters it immune to those effects.
Bronze Wall creates the following effects in a protected area.
dense fog fills the protected aisle making it heavily obscured. In addition, a creature other than you that encounters a fork in the aisle that requires directional choices has a 50% chance of mistaking the wrong direction for the right one.
all doors in a protected area are locked with a spell, equivalent to sealing them with a secret spell lock. In addition, you can mask up to 10 doors with an illusion (an illusory object effect equivalent to the spell’s secondary illusion minor illusion) to make them appear as if they were flat walls.
cobwebs are covered from top to bottom with stairs in the protected area, equivalent to the effect of the spell arachnid spell web. While the Bronze Wall spell lasts, the spider webs can be respawned after 10 minutes, even if they are incinerated or torn apart.
Other spell effects
You may place one of the following spell effects you specify in the protected area of the fortress.
- Place dancing lights in four corridors.You can arrange a simple light-dancing routine so that it works repeatedly while the brass wall spell lasts.
- Arrange MAGIC MOUTH in two locations.
- Stinking clound at two locations, with clouds appearing at the locations you arrange. The clouds will reappear after 10 minutes, even if they are blown away by the wind while the spell lasts.
- Place a persistent gust ofwind in a hallway or a room.
- Place a SUGGESTION in a location. you designate a square area of up to 5 feet, and any creature entering or crossing the area is subject to the spell’s mental nudge.
The entire protected area radiates magic. When you cast dispel magic on a particular effect, the spell removes that particular effect if it succeeds.
When you cast the spell continuously on the same spot every day for a year, it creates a permanent brass wall effect.