How long does haste 5e last? And how do haste and action surge work together?
Haste 5e spell
Casting Time: Action
Range: 30 feet
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute
How does the dnd 5e haste work?
Specify a voluntary creature you can see within the cast range. Until the haste dnd 5e spell ends, you double the target’s speed. Its AC gains a +2 bonus; it has an advantage when making agility saves; it can make an additional action each turn.
But the action can only attack (only for attacks) A weapon attack), or sprint, evacuate, hide, and use objects.
When the d&d 5e spell ends, the target will become weary and unable to move or perform actions until the end of its next round.
Frequently topics about Haste
1. I kept that case up on my desk for a while because the design was so cool. Using it as a dice holder is brilliant! I’m commencing idea theft post haste.
2. Warforge gets possessed by the shadow monster and hits our Brobarian.
Other Wizard: I cast Haste on the Warforge.
My wizard: WHY
3. So I had a dumb dnd plan and it WORKED. The giant snake monster that had an orb we needed cast haste and used a fast movement ring. So I misty stepped to get in range and abjured it so it couldn’t move, then yelled for our rouge to snatch the orb.
4. We fought giant spiders in our DnD game and previously someone jokes about casting dnd 5e haste on mice earlier and I was like “what if you cast haste on giant spiders and they just moved the same way actual spiders do” and I hated it
5. When the lv. 20 fighter with haste uses his action surge but only 1 out of the 9 attacks hit, dealing minimal damage which he is resistant to.