You apply magical protection to an area within casting distance. The area is a cube with sides as small as 5 feet and as large as 100 feet. The spell lasts until its duration ends or the caster resolves it with an action of his or her own accord.
Mordenkainen’s Private Sanctum 5e
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Range: 120 feet
Components: V, S, M
Duration: 24 hours
When the spell is cast, the protection it takes effect for is at your discretion. Choosing among the following attributes, you may choose several or all of them.
- Sound cannot penetrate the barrier at the edge of the protected area.
- The barrier of the protected area becomes dark and blurred, making it impossible to see by sight (including blackness).
(Darkvision) See Through.
- Sensors created by prophecy spells cannot appear in the protected area, nor can they penetrate the
Cross the barricade at the zone boundary.
- Creatures within the zone cannot be the target of a prophecy spell.
- Nothing can teleport in or out of the protected zone.
- Within the protected area, bit travel is blocked.
Casting this spell daily at the same location for one year makes these effects permanent.
When casting this spell with 5 or more rings, you increase the edge of the protected cube by 100 feet for every ring you use that is higher than 4 rings. For example, if you use 5 rings of a cube, you can protect a cube up to 200 feet in length.