Why use sacred flame 5e instead toll of the toll the dead? How to determine to spell dc sacred flame?
Sacred flame 5e spell
Casting Time: Action
Range: 60 feet
How does dnd 5e sacred flame work?
A glow like flames poured down a creature you could see within the cast range. The target must make agility save, and if it fails, it takes 1d8 points of light damage. The target cannot gain cover gains on this saving throw.
When you reach the 5th level, the spell’s damage increases by 1d8 (it becomes 2d8). At level 11, add 1d8 (to 3d8), and at level 17, add 1d8 (to 4d8).
Compare d&d 5e sacred flame with Toll the dead 5e, you will know why use sacred flame 5e instead toll of the toll the dead?
1. I cast dnd 5e Sacred Flame on one of the jackals and manage to get two 1s on my d8. So that’s great. I then cast Spiritual Weapon as a bonus action and roll a nat1 on that attack.
2. I run-up to the group and shoot a dnd 5e Sacred Flame at the blob I can see and it fails its save. I deal 10 damage to the boi as they start their turns
3. Sacred Flame: a flame-like radiance descends on a creature that you can see within range. The target must succeed on a dex saving throw or take 1d8 radiant damage.
4. I then cast d&d 5e Sacred Flame on a different pile of chains and manage to deal it a measly 7. It’s hard out here when all of your spell slots were used in the previous fight. I’m doing the best I can alright?
5. why does sacred flame mention cover in d&d 5e?