I’m looking for a WorkQueue API that provides:
- Offers (optional) Set-semantic
- Single and batch
- Concurrency (of course)
- Different handling policies
- Wait until the next scheduled execution
- Preprocessing, if the batch size is satisfied
- Deferred processing (minimum time in the queue, before being processed)
- Persistence (optional)
There are a lot of interesting implementations in the JDK, such as
java.util.DelayQueue I can use. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t reinventing the wheel.
The best answer
Check out the Quartz Job Scheduler API
Quartz features: http://www.quartz-scheduler.org/overview/features.html
I’m not sure about its java.util.Queue compatibility. However, it provides most of the functionality related to job scheduling and execution.
About Java – Is there a complex Java WorkQueue API? , we found a similar problem on Stack Overflow: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3491658/